html -> php

Ginny wanted some more features installed on her blog, some of which require PHP, so I switched all our HTML over to PHP. No big deal in the blogging software (MT) … but for some reason I’m having trouble getting mod_rewrite to map requests for html files to php.

Obviously there are links to the html files out in the internet (Google has a number of them, so do some of the site agregators.

Seems to work when I just have

RewriteRule (.*)\.html$ $1.php

in the .htaccess file … but when I change it to

RewriteRule (.*)\.html$ $1.php [R=permanent]

It seems to have problems finding the file. Not sure exactly why yet.

Oh well, I’ll just have to experiment.