I just spent 2 hours helping a co-worker resolve a database connectivity problem. The software we were trying to install (our own product, as it happens) kept telling us it was having a problem connecting to the SQL server database.
We tried to install the software three times … each time it failed with same error.
Finally I looked at the database name we were trying to use … the my co-worker was telling me to use was ‘qa-db3278’ … but the database he created was ‘qa_db3278’.
Well of course it couldn’t create the tables … the database we were telling it to create them in didn’t exist.
Oh well 🙂