Sometimes I find that the message list in Thunderbird gets out of sync with the message bodies. When this happens, if I click on a message in the list, the message body that is brought up doesn’t match the subject.
I found a easy solution … just shut down Thunderbird, delete the corresponding .msf file from the accounts data directory, and start Thunderbird back up. Thunderbird will rebuild the .msf file and everything should be fine again.
To find accounts data directory, click on the “Server Settings” category of the effected account and look at the “Local directory” field.
[tags]thunderbird, mozilla, email[/tags]