Well, it’s been a fairly busy two weeks …
- Work on the floor is (more or less) progressing. I got the final rank of boards cut and installed. We still need to touch of the paint, install the base molding, quarter round, and carpet threshold.
- Tuesday we went to village hall and cast our votes for Obama in the early voting program. Just want to get it out of the way.
- Wednesday we headed down state to visit my niece Melissia … it was a thoroughly enjoyable trip. We went for a walk in the Stephen Forbes state park and saw “Beverly Hills Chihuahua”. The state park was nice and pretty empty. About the time we left the park, it started raining. Perfect timing. Did a bit of shopping and then saw the moving (which was enjoyed by all in the theater … all 3 of us).
- Saturday both Ginny and I had checkups at the doctor … everything is in working order.
- Started an email exchange with a woman who wants me to GIVE her a domain I own … because she’s running a business with the name. When I indicated that I would sell it to her, she got all bent out of shape. I wasn’t asking multiple thousands of dollars for it … I only asked $600. Last email from her indicated she would probably sue me for trademark infringement (she doesn’t currently have a trademark on the name, but she did indicate that she filed for one). I’ll keep an eye on the name on the US Trademark Office’s website and, if it becomes registered to her, I’ll take down my placeholder site.
- Today I want to try and get the floor finished … at least the painting done and base molding & quarter round up. The threshold might take a bit of time.
And, tomorrow, it’s back to work.
Well, mostly back to work … I really didn’t leave. Like a glutton for punishment, I checked email periodically and had to address a few issues. Nothing major though. Hopefull, when I get back, the I18N project will be done and we can get on to real development again.