Since both Ginny and I are trying to get to the health club more often now … we were thinking about how being a computer geek could be leveraged into a more healthy lifestyle.
Here’s a short list of geeky actions that could be transformed into something healthy …
- Hard Drive Hand Weights – tape 2 or 3 drives together for increased weight.
- Ceiling tile step workout – step up, pull the wire, step down crimp the connector, step up, pull the wire, step down crimp the connector.
- UPS battery bench press.
- PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not in Computer) Push Away – push away from desk every time there us a stupid user question.
- Screw Search Squats – trying to find that little screw that you just dropped.
- Cable Yoga – all those weird positions you have to get into to run cables to & from systems.
- Top Rack Stretches – stretch to connect something to the 1u server at the very top if the rack.
- Carton Crunches – lifting all those boxes of laser printer paper.
- Parts Run – running out to the computer store to buy the part you forgot.
- Server relay – running between all the various servers to answer messages.
- Computer Crash Cool Down – assume the fetal position and rock back and forth after all the systems have crashed.
Any other ideas?