Decaffeinated â€” not caffeinated â€” coffee may cause an increase in harmful LDL cholesterol by increasing a specific type of blood fat linked to the metabolic syndrome, hints a new study presented at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2005.
Seattlites (Ginny included) rejoice! 🙂
Oh boy … it’s been a while since I did a serious post here. Time to do some catch up.
- My blog feed is now handled through Feedburner. This will allow me to get some stats on my readership. I was quite surprised to see that there are 28 people reading my blog through various mechanims.
- The people who are promoting intelligent design are total idiots. The idea that they would want to replace science with religion is total bullshit.
- Work has been kind of crazy lately … the project I’ve been working on is in full swing and I’m pretty much heads down on it. I’ll be glad when it’s done … not only will it be a load off my mind … but it will be a very very cool feature. Also, I got a raise today!
- Last Saturday, Ginny and I went to see “Beauty and the Beast” by the Highland Park Players … a local community theater group. Our friend Earle was playing Monsieur D’Arque. He only had one significant part, but it was prominent. The show was quite good. Didn’t have the polish that the Marriott Theater production did … but it was fun none the less.
- Speaking of theater … we went to see “Footloose” at the Marriott two weeks ago … I was not impressed. The singing was so-so and the dancing was ‘eh’. There were a few good numbers, but as a whole it didn’t work for me.
- Riley loves the laser pointer. He also likes lower tech toys like a piece of string. He doesn’t seem to go for the cat toys though.
Well, that’s all the news that’s fit to print right now. I’ll try to keep more current in the future.
- Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
- Why does the Elgin – O’Hare Expressway (in the Chicago area) go to neither Elgin nor O’Hare?
- Is it just me, or are there more maniacs on the road these days?
- Who ever came up with rethorical questions anyways?