A few more of my favorites…
There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
… and …
Any working regular expression is indistinguishable from magic.
A few of my favorites …
On a clear disk, you can seek forever.
If you hold a hard drive up to your ear, you can hear the C:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don’t.
We now return you to your irregularly scheduled blogs
Ok, yeah, it’s Saturday Night Live … and, yup, it’s the election season … but I really enjoyed Barak Obama’s cameo on TV … [kml_flashembed movie=”http://www.youtube.com/v/ndQM0X5rhfE” width=”425″ height=”350″ wmode=”transparent” /]
And, yes, I still think that Clinton has absolutely no right to her current position in the Senate … and absolutely will not vote for her in the primary. If she happens to win the primary, I will do a write in vote for president.
Who said the U.S. Government doesn’t have a sense of humor?
How do I protect my sighting of Elvis?
Copyright law does not protect sightings. However, copyright law will protect your photo (or other depiction) of your sighting of Elvis. Just send it to us with a Form VA application and the filing fee. No one can lawfully use your photo of your sighting, although someone else may file his own photo of his sighting. Copyright law protects the original photograph, not the subject of the photograph.
– What Does Copyright Protect?
I found this somewhere on the ‘net a while ago … thought it might be worth reposting:
- There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
- A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
- The programmer’s national anthem is ‘AAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!’.
- At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
- Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it’s released. Beta is Latin for “still doesn’t work.”
- Computer analyst to programmer: “You start coding. I’ll go find out what they want.”
- Computer Science: solving today’s problems tomorrow.
- Hidden DOS secret: add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS
- Hit any user to continue.
- I wish life had an UNDO function.
- If your computer says, “Printer out of Paper,” this problem cannot be resolved by continuously clicking the “OK” button.
- It said “Insert disk 3…” but only 2 fit in the drive.
- Microsoft Windows: computing While U Wait
- 665.9238429876 – Number of the Pentium Beast
- I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.
- My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
- Programming graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) using Roman numerals.
- “To know recursion, you must first know recursion”
- Life’s unfair – but root password helps!
- Mountain Dew and doughnuts… because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Hey! It compiles! Ship it!
- “Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Intel: We put the “um…” in Pentium.
- Helpdesk tip #2: When the support analyst says “Click…”, wait for the rest of the sentence.
- BREAKFAST.COM Halted…Cereal Port Not Responding
- BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!
- As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
- Disinformation is not as good as datinformation.
- Smash forehead on keyboard to continue…..
- Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue…
- All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?
- A good programmer makes all the right mistakes.
- Managing programmers is like herding cats.
- “There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be produced. Now, thanks to Usenet, we know this is not true.”
- “A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.”
- C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
- A computer scientist is someone who, when told to “Go to Hell,” sees the “go to,” rather than the destination, as harmful.
- 1010011010 – The binary number of the Beast
- APATHY ERROR: Don’t bother striking any key. Application has reported a “Not My Fault” in module KRNL.EXE in line 0200:103F
- “The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a software patch and a user with an idea.”
- There are 10 types of people in the world … those that understand binary and those that do not.
You can always tell what language a programmer works with by the way they names their kids.
- COBOL programmers give their kids long hyphenated names … like ANNA-MARIA, MARIE-CLAIRE, or HORATIO-ALOYSIUS.
- RPG programmers give their kids short names … like BOB, SUE, JOE, or AL.
- C programmers don’t name their kids … they just point to them.
If you’re not a programmer, you probably won’t get it.