I’ve encountered a weird error in WordPress … for some reason, when a post is submitted using the XML-RPC api (which is used by the WordPress iPhone app), any leading ‘<‘ symbols on the HTML is being stripped out.
Ginny noticed this a few days ago and I just confirmed it on a test blog.
The content that is posted looks something like this …
p>a href="http://beta.geekyramblings.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/p- 640-480-2fd9116d-5703-4e8b-b72c-2605beab02b5.jpeg">img src="http:// beta.geekyramblings.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/p-640-480-2fd9116d --5703-4e8b-b72c-2605beab02b5.jpeg" alt="" width="225" height="300" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-364" />/a>/p>
I’ll have to do some digging to find if this has already been logged or not.
I wish I was more skilled at PHP … I’m sure it’s someething I could sink my teeth into.
Update: FWIW I’ve opened ticket 7771 on the WordPress tracking system on this issue.