I’ve been using Quicken for many years … and for the past 8 years or so I’ve had this annoying problem. Every time I would download transactions from my bank, I would get this dialog box popping up …
Of course Bank One had been bought out by Chase a few years ago, so the message was clearly wrong.
I finally got fed up with the annoyance and started searching for a solution … and I found one on the Quicken Community forums.
Here’s what I did to fix the problem …
- Back up the data file (just in case).
- Go to the “Online” menu, “Online Center”.
- While holding CTRL and F3, click on “Contact Info”. A dialog called “FI Action Required” should open.
- Locate and highlight the institution contained in the “Important Message” dialog, make sure it is the exact same one (in the case of credit cards there may be different states involved.
- Click “Delete”
- Click “OK”
- Perform a test one-step update to see if the message is gone.
In my case, when the “FI Action Required” dialog was displayed, I saw this …
Notice the two entries for “Bank One”? When I tried to delete the first Bank One entry, I got an error indicating that accounts were associated with this financial institution. But when I tried to delete the “Bank One (Chicago)” entry, I just got a warning message, and it deleted.
Then I ran the “One Step Update” and didn’t get the “Important Message” dialog!