Sorry it took so long, but other things had a higher priority.
I finally got around to writing a program that will update the current blog’s database with the content from the old database.
This is to correct the import problem that I discovered a few weeks ago.
I really should put together a bug report for wordpress.
Of course it would be even better if there were a mechanism to convert a single site wordpress blog to a multi-site blog, so these kind of issues would be avoided.
Folks, this is just a warning for those of you who might be considering using the WordPress Export / Import functionality to transfer your blog to another server.
Be aware, it appears to be broken … at least in the 3.0 release.
I was trying to use Eclipse 3.6 to manually export a RPC using on a Win7 x64 system but kept getting the following error:
C:\Users\myuserid\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\build.xml:103: Failed to copy C:\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.app\.manager\.tmp31587.instance to c:\test-app\eclipse\win32.win32.x86\eclipse\jre\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.app\.manager\.tmp31587.instance due to The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
The file .tmp31587.instance was indeed locked … apparently by the eclipse instance that I was currently using.
So it appeared that the export function was trying to copy a file from the live Eclipse instance.
My solution was to move the configuration directory for the live eclipse instance to my personal home directory.
The eclipse product was installed in C:\eclipse … so I copied “C:\eclipse\configuration” to “C:\User\myuserid\eclipse\configuration” and then changed the shortcut I use to launch eclipse to include the parameter “-configuration C:\Users\myuserid\eclipse\configuration”.
Now, when I launch eclipse, and export the RPC … it doesn’t try to copy a file that’s in use, since the configuration is no longer in the eclipse application directory.