Once again I’m experiencing some very poor customer service … and, at least in one case, it really surprises me that I’m experiencing it.
So there are two major issues I’m experiencing …
- A major internet provider email service. My newly spun up Amazon LIghtsail instance is unable to deliver mail to their customers.
- A relatively small fitness device manufacturer isn’t providing timely support for their product.
The first issue is with the major internet provider (who shall remain nameless, but the company name is often abbreviated to three letters.
I’m in the process of moving my mailing list server to an Amazon LIghtsail instance … but when I send mail to this ISP’s servers, it gets rejected with an error that indicates an email to contact.
About a month ago I encountered the error while testing and send a message to the address indicated. A week after my contact they responded saying that the block had been removed.
Unfortunately, in some final testing before my planned migration (this coming weekend), I encountered the error again.
I thought it has been resolved, but apparently I was wrong.
The big issue is that it takes them a week to respond. So there’s very little chance of the issue getting resolved before this weekend. As a result, I have to postpone the migration. I would not be surprised if it takes more than a month to resolve the issue.
To be honest, I’m quite used to this kind of response from a major internet provider … they probably get slammed with this kind of request. Plus, I suspect, they really don’t care about small business that want to send mail to their customers.
The other issue is with a relatively small engineering company that makes a device that gates ANT+ signals to Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE).
I purchased the device to make it easier to use Zwift with my Apple TV.
From the moment I got the device I’ve had problems. Their web site has no ‘support’ contact information. I tried filling out their ‘contact us’ page but got no reply. Finally I sent a message to the email address listed on their domain’s whois information and got a reply indicating they forwarded my message to someone else.
My first attempt to contact them was December 8th.
A few days later I got a response indicating they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix to their configuration app. They also asked if I would be interested in a replacement device to see if that fixed the problem. I responded that I would like to try a replacement and provided a shipping address. This response was sent on December 13th.
I finally got a response today indicating that they would like to get the device back for analysis and asking where I purchased it and the order number. I provided the requested information and they informed me that I would have to go back to the purchase place to get an exchange.
Sigh … more delays.
In the case of the internet provider, I’ve come to expect that level of customer service. In the cast of the engineering company, I’m quite surprised. They should be much more responsive to customer issues. Especially since they are catering to a niche market.
OK, today’s rant is over.